How to clean a diamond: The diamonds we know and imagine are transparent gems, spectacular and light reflective gems that can be addicted to its colors. One of the most important features of the diamond is its transparency and the diamonds are measured and graded according to their degree of transparency. Hence, if the diamond is not very clean – its appearance might be damaged and worse – its rating, the one that affects the value and price of the diamond may also be damaged.
The ambition of those who work in the diamond field is to produce and produce perfect diamonds and no less from that so there is of very high importance for perfect diamond cleanliness and unquestionable transparency. However, it does not contradict a situation where the diamond might, over time, become dirty or become contaminated and its owners will surely want to renew its appearance and restore its immaculately clean appearance. The question arises – how to do it? How to clean a diamond?
Cleaning diamonds or jewelry with diamonds
Time does its thing and gives its signal to every object or item, including the much-purchased jewelry and diamonds. However, this does not mean that the dirt or stain is a fate decrees and all you need to know is what is the better and most correct way to do the cleaning. Here are some practices recommended by diamond industry professionals. Some are home methods that can be tried at home by means that are available and some involve reaching out to a professional in order for the cleaning to be perfect and correct:
- Dish soap – in most cases the dirt that will accumulate on the outer layer of the diamond will be excess fat or dust particles from the air. Hence the question of how to clean a diamond and the answer that the better detergent against these two pollutants is dish soap. It is important not to be tempted to use strong detergents such as bleach. Soap can be strong enough to remove the dirt but not strong enough to damage the diamond itself.
- Drinking soda – This is a basic substance that has been proven very effective against quite a few types of dirt and dust or contaminants. The white powder of the baking soda should be dissolved in a little water and soaked in the diamond itself or the jewelry. Depending on the severity of the dirt, the amount of time required to disassemble the dirt layer and clean it up will continue.
- Household jewelry cleaning machine – There are several types of cleaning machines designed for jewelry or diamonds in the market. It is important to recognize them and examine in depth whether they can match the diamonds in the house, but it is even more important to make sure that they are not too strong or aggressive and may damage the perfect surface of the diamond.
- Professional cleaning – Professionals from the diamond’s world will know how to clean a diamond better. It is always advisable to contact a professional who trusts him or her to thoroughly investigate what type of dirt is involved and recommend the most appropriate cleaning method. Surely contacting a professional is the better and right way to act.
- Rubbing the diamond with alcohol – It is a familiar, common and even highly recommended home cleaning method. The first step is to soak the jewelry or diamond in a solution containing water and soap and then gently scrub the surface of the diamond with cotton wool or a cloth soaked in 90% alcohol. It is alcohol that has medical use and can be purchased at any pharmacy without a prescription.
How to clean a diamond lab
Laboratory diamonds are a whole world and have their own story. The good fortune is that this story has a happy ending, even though there are a lot of dealers in the natural diamond world who have not yet fully internalized the revolution brought by the laboratory diamonds. Because every stage of the process of diamond production in the laboratory is under the control of the professional scientists who know the diamond issue on its holes – they can also pre-select chunks of raw material that will give better results, of the cleanest and most beautiful diamonds possible. This is in contrast to the quarrying of raw materials from the depths of the earth, where until the products of the quarry are not shipped to the factory – it is impossible to know whether the diamonds are clean or defective.
When examining the raw material in the laboratory before the production process begins, you can choose those that are more likely to have clean, transparent and beautiful diamonds. At the same time, cases of completely unclean diamonds or such can still be accepted that over time, after they have been owned by people for a long time – they need to be cleaned. It is very important to check the terms of the business relationship with the company from which you buy the diamond, as it may very well be possible to obtain lifetime warranty on the diamond, including the possibility of future cleaning for the diamonds purchased from it. This is undoubtedly a very fair and proper clause that can usually not be obtained from real diamond sellers, professional and fair as they might be.
When to clean the diamond?
As with any other situation, it is worth checking the diamond’s outer layer cleanliness from time to time. If there is no possibility or it is difficult to discern the dirt, you should use a professional equipped with the tools to perform this task. The diamond should be kept in a dark place and with as little ventilation as possible so that it does not approach dirt or contaminants through the air.
If the jewelry is inlaid with diamond such as tennis bracelets, diamond necklace, diamond earrings and a diamond ring, which is difficult to hide from the light or air it is important to check the outer layer more frequently. It is important to follow the storage guidelines given by those who buy the jewelry or diamonds and by doing these actions it will put off the dirt of the jewelry and in many cases when treating the jewels and diamonds with the respect they deserve – they will indeed last for many years and only occasionally their deep cleaning will be needed. Maintaining the diamonds and jewelry, storing them in the necessary conditions and making sure that they are used properly and appropriately will greatly help in extending their life and will of course greatly assist in maintaining their excellent condition.
Lab diamonds and their cleaning line
The diamonds that are manufactured in the laboratories today bring with them a great deal not only to the financial matter at stake but also to the level of cleanliness of the finished diamonds. Because these are artificial raw materials – it is easier to select and choose them so that lab diamonds are initially clean and very transparent with as little dirt or imperfections. Even if you do a thorough and professional cleaning of the diamond once every few years, it can also save you the purchase of diamonds produced in the laboratory. There is an important consideration of comfort and even easier maintenance.
When talking about the financial savings of buying a laboratory diamond, you can also take into account professional cleaning expenses, even if it is a relatively small expense. Reaching a professional or the diamond shop can be inconvenience, so choosing a synthetic diamond might reduce that need from the buyer as well. This is another of the many and significant benefits of laboratory diamonds and it is undoubtedly that these advantages will increase the value of these diamonds.